If you are eligible for EITC, you can file your federal tax returns and claim your EITC for free with a number of free or low-cost online tax filing services. TaxAct is one example that has worked well.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) / Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs
- The VITA program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited English speaking taxpayers.
- The TCE program offers free tax help for taxpayers who are 60 years of age and older.
- Click here for English; Click here for Spanish; Click here for Chinese; Click here for Korean; Click here for Vietnamese; Click here for Russian
- Check the bottom of the page to select “VITA/TCE Locator Tool” to find the nearest VITA/TCE site around you. Once you click, you will prompted to enter your zip code. Then you will see a list of locations with the distance, operation dates and hours, and available language services.
- You can also call 888-227-7669 to find the nearest VITA/TCE site around you
- Provided by the IRS, this tool can be used to find out if you qualify for EITC refund and the estimated amount of EITC refund.
EITCoutreach.org: Click here
- This website provides general information on EITC.
- One particularly useful tool is the EITC Estimator (Click here), which gives you an estimated amount of EITC refund.