If you file electronically, most refunds are processed within 21 days after the receipt.
If you mail your paper return, it may take up to 4 weeks to get processed.
You can click here to find out when you will receive the EITC refund.
- Simply enter your Social Security Number, filing status, and the exact refund amount.
- You can check the status within 24 hours after IRS has received your e-filed tax return, or 4 weeks after mailing in your paper return.
- This information is updated once every 24 hours, usually overnight.
- Once IRS approves your EITC refund, you will see the actual refund date.
Do NOT call the IRS unless it has been:
- 21 days or more since you filed electronically;
- More than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return; or
- The Where’s My Refund? tool directs you to contact them.